Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4 Highlights

Support For

Oculus™ Dash Open Beta

DOOM® VFR

Regarding old articles, I noted that drivers change -- almost weekly if necessary.

For example, the latest release of Crimson drivers supports better VR (as noted in above quote). Moreover, December's (?) Adrenalin drivers were rumored to update VR even more -- as alluded to above. And, I have personally noted other VR fixes during the last couple months (not in-use -- rather in the driver release notes).

I rarely post on drivers because the gamers who own the cards will have already checked out the drivers for their cards. And, folks who don't own the cards -- why should they care? But, drivers for AMD and Nvidia are always improving. Which makes old data "suspect":.

Nonetheless, we agree, VR is not 100 percent there yet. And, faster FPS should result in some benefit for the faster card at some point in some applications.

I assume 1080Ti will be the fastest for the next few months at least (at a price $$$). Next year AMD and Nvidia will make faster cards.

Nvidia's game plan is to ALWAYS make the fastest top-end card -- no matter what it takes or what it costs -- its a big part of their brand recognition to be able to say "fastest". I read years ago that AMD decided it was foolish to go out of their way to try and beat Nvidia's TOP card in FPS. Rather, they would compete on "bang per buck" and on giving a complete GPU -- for example, one that includes a good "compute" ability -- and supports the next generation of games (e.g. Nvidia DX12 support and compute capabilities in hardware only recently are catching up to AMD).

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro