I appreciate that the post above is caveated by alluding to that it's your opinion however, there are a few factual areas that don't necessarily go hand in hand;

Game companies have been working for a long time with AMD, especially the console companies and it's not as if these AMD powered consoles have just been released. I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that Nvidia suddenly needs an answer just to stay competitive.....they already have an answer but it's just overpriced, the 'answer' is also not currently required because the overwhelming number of games currently available and in development still aren't geared for high cpu core counts. You talk/post as if AMD have magically got 50% market share and from this point on, it's all dependent on how Nvidia react to Ryzen and their yet unreleased graphics cards - we all know that isn't the case and AMD are yet to reach that point which will take a number of years anyway as it's certainly not going to happen overnight.

To that end, it's also very premature to suggest that Intel 4 core units will no longer be the best. Until the games start to optimise the high core counts in any CPU the Intel quad core chips in the i5/i7 range are still out there in the lead due to the higher processing speeds and even when you go back down the Ryzen range there isn't much of a price difference for the performance output. As for AMD 'leading the race'....hardly. You are also seemingly referring to AMD current and future products against competing Intel products from only today. You're already aware of Intel announcing higher cpu count chips for desktops, so the future is very much unknown as to how this will pan out and whether AMD will actually make in-roads to the market share. Like anyone, I also feel that the competition between the two companies is good and will hopefully bring these silly prices down but at the same time I haven't seen anything yet that suggests AMD are doing anything different to what we've seen in the last 5 years where they hype everything so much but fail to deliver and support especially within drivers has often let their products down. Given that you have a 8+ page diary of your Ryzen install (much of which includes problems) isn't necessarily a good sign either. I'm sure many other people including myself have built Intel/Nvidia rigs at the same time as you with no fanfare, no problems but just a very good gaming rig for the money that is currently playing all games without any issues at all.

Opinions are great, but you can only go so far with the rose tints!

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.