Gentlemen:

Thanks for the warning about Windows, as I had not noticed the sell-use-by dates, except as mentioned in PC World digital version. I did check in the updates and security tab and found I have the same shelf date as you do.

Maybe M$ will be happy with the strangle hold it has on businesses.
Somehow it seems like beating a poor mule, since I have noticed that there may be more than I care to know retailers that are probably still with Windows 7.

At least it seems that way every time I hear the latest from Home Depot's famous line:

"We're in the business of selling hammers, not worrying about customers' information security."

That still chaffs me. And I try to avoid shopping there when I can. That jerk was an Azz*

Back to M$. Perhaps there will be enough of us peasants that will find other uses for a thousand or more bucks.

Of course a reductions of folks crossing traffic streets and other common hazards with their heads up their...oops, down on their phone screens could improve on the lowly peasants number. But Darwin rules.

The Walther PPK is one of the best pistols I have known. A senior colleague used the 9mm. version as a service weapon and he loved it. It seemed heavy but it was gorgeous.
At the time I used a Beretta for back up. It seemed lighter than the .38 model 60 I carried. The PPK was certainly more accurate IMO.