Folks,

SNAFU:

I failed to mention that the lady looks a bit like JayLo. Dux please tell me, is old age catching up? Do you start seeing celebrities around every corner in your advanced years, you would be the one to ask. ;\)

Since I've only seen one small snap of you SNAFU and you were wearing sunglasses (you really need to post or e-mail a better pic of you please for my archive) I was not sure at first if that was you and Lady "R" in the background. Then I realized the man was far too ugly to be our Fearless Founder and the lady although lovely was not nearly as beautiful as I have always pictured "R".

You should get a part-time job leading tours of the memorial. Well done says I. \:\)

You are probably right about your digital. They won't tolerate movement well and the less expensive cameras (like mine) do poorly in low light. A tripod will help with the movement bit. I have a Velbon Tek-33 extensible tripod that is light and easy to carry. That helps me get better pictures. Notice I did not claim that I get "good" pictures just "better" pictures. ;\)

Hmmmm. A tripod is just too cumbersome you think? I understand. After all, you have to carry the heavy little digital camera (pixels are weighty little things so that camera gets heavier and heavier with every picture you take, right?) and you have to take all the pics, right? Since you can't possibly carry a cold cup of beer, a camera and a tripod plus take snaps at the same time, perhaps Lady "R" could be coaxed into carrying the tripod? And she might tote the camera too, just between pics? If so, old man that leaves both your two hands free for the beer. Vital IMHO for one mustn't spill any. :rolleyes:

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019