Folks,

Dux:

Ever heard of the Spotnicks? I found a rather good guitar solo of "Lady Of Spain" and "La Rosita" by this group. The guitarist uses the tremolo heavily but is really good a great picker. I am going out to the yard sales and flea markets of the area in search of an old but good quality stereo cassette tape deck. I want to transfer the music on my large but currently useless cassette tape library to digital media. The only thing I have to do that job now is a mono tape recorder and that won't do.

Any progress toward that new uber system and the addition of CoD? Our weather has turned spring-like again and all the trees are green. Our colorful Dogwoods and beds of Azaleas are in full bloom. The flock of Robins has vacuumed up the nearby fields and now they have invaded the woods. I stopped on my walk yesterday to pull up my socks and counted a dozen Robins and almost as many squirrels nearby. The other night on a late walk I paused in the chill in the deepest, darkest part of the wood to listen and sure enough I heard the whoo hooing of a nearby owl.

There is something special about hearing an owl somewhere out there cloaked in the darkness. I had come upon a small brown rabbit munching on a patch of sweet new grass not long before. As I returned to the dark gravel path and headed homeward, I was so very glad I was not that rabbit.

I've been flying a Spit a bit with reasonable luck. We play a little game. I shoot at them and they shoot back at me. I go up, and they go up. They shoot at me and I try to catch all their bullets before their petrol runs out. Then I go down and they go home.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019