Folks,

I must report equipment failure kept me from commenting sooner. My trusty CRT finally gave up the ghost Sunday morning. You may remember that I had been having some nagging problems for a while now with resolution. With no monitor I was temporarily unable to join in to offer my own congratulations to C51 on another fine post.

Well done C51. As always you captured the spirit and excitement of combat and this time you followed that up with a well told finale that soaked us to the skin and turned our gills green to boot. Thanks. \:\)

Old Dux??? ;\)

The late lamented 19" Princeton monitor has been taken to the computer graveyard. It was not a premature burial. My brother-in-law works for IBM R&D at Research Triangle Park in Raleigh. He and I checked the thing out and found that it was not only dead... it was well and truly dead. We got it to spark, smoke and stink. Beyond that it was just useless.

I am now squinting my red and watering baby blues at my old 15" monitor. It is certainly better than nothing for simply typing but pretty much hopeless for doing any serious graphics work I'm afraid. It is time to go looking for a 21" tube I guess, and that won't be cheap. \:\(

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019