All,

I say sir JR2, did someone spike your coffee today?

I would have to agree. A rib crackin story by our Old Dux is always a treat.

Well, I suffered a bit of difficulty with the new Modpack and I've had to rebuild my build of BoB. I am in no way upset about it though. The BDG v90 version shows how far those talented fellows have come. It is well done, cleanly presented and nicely documented. The Modpack is wonderful. It almost mirrored my build of BoB and has a few things I didn't have in mine and they turned out to be quite good. I'm sure nobody has any doubts they will fix whatever is not quite right in it soon. Seems some folks have had the CTD's etc and others havent. I happened to have been unlucky and had CTD's and Lockups so I deleted the game and started over. I installed the boxed game, added v90 and installed all the mods using the FSM. All is well again.

The modpack is basically an upgraded version of the games graphics and sounds to complement all the great programming done by the coders. Together they bring out much of the promise BoB had all along. And the best thing is there's likely to be a lot more excellent improvements to come.

What has your experience been chaps?

Also, what is your thoughts on the soon to be released CFS3? I know, if you're like me you are verrrrrrrry skeptical of Bill and the boys qualifications to build a real prop sim (or any sim). One that is not only graphically appealing but that has game play and emmersion.

I must admit to being interested in it because I love WWII sims and from what has been "said" about the dynamic campaign. The exterior aircraft models look superb to me. They show detail down to individual rivets. The pits I've seen are not impressive at all. Gauges are not accurate nor are all of them present. That is unexcusable in the sense of claiming to be a realistic simulation. We shall see.

[This message has been edited by SNAFU (edited 10-09-2002).]

TALLY HO!