Folks,

File this under OT but mercifully not storm related....

C51:

Congratulations are a tiny bit difficult to voice but certainly well deserved. In case you missed it ;\) , Team USA was upended 2-1 in its World Cup debut in front of a thunderous 20,000 plus crowd at the Bell Center on Tuesday night.

From reports I've seen, Canada played the opening 20 minutes at Stanley Cup Finals intensity, yet it was better hockey than the Finals offer because of the rampant skill up and down Canada's lineup. The Canadians led 1-0 at the end of what was described as "as good a period of hockey as you'll ever see."

"Canada couldn't have played any better," U.S. coach Ron Wilson reportedly said. "And we couldn't have played any worse."

I'm afraid that pretty much covers it. We won't even mention that our NC professional hockey team is aptly or not named the Hurricanes. :rolleyes:

OK I'm off to work on my HWH story.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019