Folks,

Old Dux:

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased that you and your wife read and enjoyed the story and that you liked the illustrated e-mail that I sent to you. I look forward to receiving the book.

You kindly call me scribe, well I suppose all of us writing here are that. Am I distinguished? Well....

Come now. I prefer the term that my precocious 5 year old niece ascribed to me many years ago.

She sat there squirming in my lap one day, looked up as if she had just seen me for the very first time and while pulling on my beard, she loudly proclaimed for all in the room to hear, "Uncle Roger you sure do look extinguished!"

There was much snickering and scrunchy, snide, facial expressions to follow, I assure you. And yet, when I looked in the mirror about five seconds later, I had to agree with her.

I know that you also have grand kids so you must know how Children have an innocent way of letting the hot wind out of the pompus. With a well placed word they can bring one soundly down to earth, sometimes with a resounding thud.

Thank you for the compiment though it is yet undeserved. Salute!

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"