Folks,

OG:

What firearm should you buy? Were it not for the recent rains I would, of course, recommend a.... water gun. winkngrin

What gun is right for you? As it is, I haven't a clue which firearm you should get. I don't know much about you. Guns can be rather dangerous I'm told. Especially dangerous improperly used. IMHO guns only have deadly "potential" as is the case for the people who use them. My recommendation to you (if you really don't own a gun) would be to get thee to a reputable gun shoppe. There, after answering a few probing questions, the owner or experienced clerk will be able to advise you far better than I can. They will not only help you get the right firearm but advise you according to the laws of your state, where you can get safety training, a safety conscious firing range and shooting lessons should you or members of your family require any of that.

I've owned several guns in addition to those mentioned. Four BB guns as a boy including a BB pistol. My first real firearm I bought for myself down at Sears when I was 10. I just walked up and paid for it and walked out and carried it home right down the street. A 10 year old with a rifle and no body even blinked. That was a JC Higgins single shot, bolt action .22 rifle. I loved that gun and taught my son how to shoot with it. It was the most accurate little .22 I ever shot. It took S,L,LR bullets.I had a Winchester .30 .30 lever action, and a beautiful Remington 870 Pump 20 gauge I shot dove and skeet with. I wanted an 1100 gas operated shotgun but could not afford it at the time.

What you should get depends on you. Browning designed some wonderful firearms for various uses. I love his little .22 rifle. I always wanted one but never got one. It is light, sleek, tube fed and can be easily dismantled for transport. I would not however consider the famous Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) for rabbit or dove. They are difficult to find these days and I would not be surprised if one would require a pile of extra paperwork and fees to own. Ditto for the Thompson submachinegun of WW1-2 and Chicago fame. wink

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019