Originally Posted By: Jolly Roger Two
I'd put the coders of the BDG up against any others. What they haven't accomplished hasn't been thought of and when they do think of it I believe they will make it happen.

Oh, if only that were true. The BDG are full of spectacular ideas to enhance the sim, but we would require a dozen coders to implement them. We have just recently had the great good fortune to have attracted a new coder who is interested in the campaign, and improving the bookkeeping process of scorekeeping therein, which has had issues since forever that have not been addressed, due to more pressing needs elsewhere. Many longstanding wishes regarding campaign function are now being tackled, and it looks like we will have many improvements when we are finally able to assemble and release a new patch.

I have my own wishlist of terrain and graphics related improvements, which alone would consume the resources of two full time coders for about a year, but would truly transform the sim. Ah, well, I may have to undertake learning to code myself, after I retire, to see them happen, in which case the 2020 patch will be worth waiting for. Other BDG members each have their own wishlists, and all are at least as ambitious as my own. That's the nice thing about having a fine piece of simulation software as the subject of your hobby - it is an unbounded repository for our embellishments.