Gentlefolks:

Fall may have finally arrived here. A sign of that being a few fallen leaves now dot the landscape.
Still, the noise of mowers and leaf-blowers are the source of a few choice words spoken with no apparent direction.

MG, Thank you Sir. I did not think I was the only one looking askance at the latest MS offering in operating systems.

JRT, thanks for the news about your son. May he enjoy the job and return home happy and safe from the daily commute. At least safe and unhurt.

Ye of little faith; I would be surprised if the young man does not already know most of the hand signals used now.
Even in friendly Dixieland they are well known, as I suspect the one in which I am presently residing is not the only state where driving licenses sometimes appear to be received in the mail; or at least more than the average proportion of drivers drivers are keeping up with the supply of "stupid" pills. -If not over-dosing.
Of course, we do have drivers of superior skills too, that seem to be able to handle steering a car, talking on cell phone, admonishing a child in the back seat and making a right turn from the inside lane of a six-lane road effortlessly.
The turn signal is apparently not needed since everyone knows where they live.

Good news? Yes, Halloween is near.