Folks,

Jens:

The database is working well so far. I have entered data. The problem is really in figuring out the table in the first place so that it can do the job. There are program unforced restrictions that need to be accommodated. After several hilarious trials I finally got it sorted.

As for you data, IMHO a good spreadsheet would be a better format. You could enter data or even easily do "What ifs". You can produce graphs and pie charts etc. I'd try the spreadsheet in Libre Office first since you have it. My question is how do you rate a shave? What criteria do you use and how do you quantify it? It seems a subjective kind of test. Of course if it is only for your curiosity that does not matter. One could create the same kind of cumulative data spreadsheet for bike tires, underwear, beer, ball point pens or auto air fresheners. smile

I'd be interested in your results. Eve those of us with full beards shave far more than yo might think. I use Barbersol shaving cream and 91% alcohol for aftershave lotion. I do like the fragrance of Bay Rum and Old Spice lotions (My dad used Old Spice). My razors of choice are the 'use several times and throw-away' type. i have a nice rechargeable clipper with several accessories to keep my beard trimmed neatly. My son is more modern and uses all the newest shaving options including shaving gels and expensive razors. How many blades are the new razors up to now, 4,5,10? Seems to me a single blade that lasts a long time would be best. But what do know? I've only been shaving 60 years.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019