Gents,

Roger, Back from the races almost recuperated after a weekend with only 5 hours of sleep between Saturday and Sunday. As luck would have it, Saturday and Sunday offered near perfect cycling conditions but I stayed firmly on the couch! Properly rested today after consuming lots of calories to sustain me during the big race weekend, today I found new energy and joy riding my bike for 64 kms through lush green pastoral landscapes in perfect 26 C conditions with little wind and I thought to myself, "myself, it doesn't get much better than this", I said.

Indeed, it seems that neither Porsche nor Toyota are able to build hybrid cars, as too many of them were attempting to limp back to the pits on the e-motor only. The going was slow and the range wasn't great either, while retired star-racer turned star-commentator Alan McNish, or McCrash as I have named him, confidently predicted that they would be able reach the pits safely on e-motor power. Ergo sum; I think fuel cells are the right way to go as they historically giver a bigger bang for the buck. Apollo 13, anyone?

For the Danes participating it was a frustrating race; The Corvette GTE-Pro of Jan Magnussen leading on the penultimate lap punctured and finished third. Our two other drivers in the GT-Pro class failed to finish although they had shown very good pace, and the car of our leading Danish lady of motorsport suffered a puncture and finished nowhere. In the LMP2 class our man finished second and third overall.

The next few days promise a continuation of the sunny weather but with considerably lower temperatures, as low as 19 C and more windy.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop