All,

Holy Smokes!

Off on business a few days, come back and HWH has exploded into a bunch of the best mission accounts and tales of all sorts ever seen here.

Fantastic chaps, fantastic indeed.

And we see old and familiar friends returning in Rainy. What a great job of giving us a taste of air combat in Spain using IL2 as the vehicle.

Rainy, your discription of the sunrise and sky was spot on IL2 and highlights one area of that game I have always been impressed with. The sky seems alive, more so than any other sim. And the aircraft models are wonderful. Only thing better than all that was the terrific account of your encounters with the republicans.

Where do you fly IL2 online?

Sir JR2, chapters 6 and 7 were even better than the earlier installments. The writing is first rate. The plot, not yet fully understood is developing and the manner in which you bring the story to life is well... it's just you. The best.
You're right about my frustration over the whole cloak and dagger thing. I was more ticked about the harsh treatment afforded my poor jag but you know me, I just want to fly and fight. I didnt come all the way from America to snoop around in dark alleys ya know. great stuff pirate.

And the mangificant Z. These diary entries are as authentic feeling as they can be. What a great way to bring out the combat experiences generated every time we fire up BoB on our pc's. In each one I read I'm pulling for you (the pilot) to get a few victories and then make it home in one peice. The sequence of events leading up to the raids, the flight over to the target, the combat and return home all feel as though you really experienced it all. Well done ole boy, well done.

With these wonderful and completely welcomed stories we are, as JR2 points out drawing ever nearer to 2000 posts on this thread alone. That does indeed come close to 3000 when you count the 650 +/- from the original HWH that were lost when the site software choked under the stress.

We shall have to have a party here to honor the efforts of everyone who comes here to share a story, to read, to simply converse. All done with as far as I know without not even one flame, not even one. We have chaps visting who prefer EAW, IL2, CFS3 and others to BoB yet we meet here in peace. If there are records kept for online boards, this thread must hold a very high place for that feat alone. The conversation here is fun, productive, engaging and best of all....continuing.

SALUTE ALL!

TALLY HO!

TALLY HO!