All,

Bloody hell, where does one begin?

At no time in our history which fast approaches 3600 posts has HWH been so alive with such skillfully written tales of the Battle of Britain.

The magnificant Z, who I have always felt is one of the hidden treasures of HWH has created fiction that begins to cloud the realities of history with each chapter.

Z, without hesitation I say here and now that your work, 'It might have happened this way' is simply a HWH masterpiece. No doubt, hands down a brilliant collection, built on a foundation of facts and real possibilities brought to life as if it were purhaps a published history of the German invasion of England in September 1940 by the great WWII historian, Stephen Ambrose. An invasion that until today I knew never happened but that for now, I am no longer sure.

Your history of the land, air and sea battles that will determine the fate of Britain and probably the world seem well thought out and plausible. You have highlighted in the battles many of my personal favorites such as the tough British 45th division, the German 41st Panzer Corps which fought so well in many campaigns and ships including Repulse, Hood and Scharnhorst. All of this serves to bend the known realities and shape the story you tell. I look forward to learning more from you soon.

You have claimed a place in the HWH Hall of Fame, a place you very much so have earned. Thank you Sir.

C51, you my friend are a brave man. I do not think I would have had the courage to place a BoB story within reading distance of Z's wonderful work. Yet you did and in true Canadian form you made it stick. Well done, well done indeed.

An unlikely hero returns us to the battle in the air. Your tale includes terrific battle scenes and even manages to include members of this motely squadron in the action. The picture presented provided vivid details of the fight we encountered at 15,000 ft.

Portions like the following offer a picture of what Dickens did to save the rest of us.

"None of us were in any position to offer much help. Suddenly out of nowhere a Spitfire darted in from the 109s’ 2 o’clock position and shot a burst, which made one of them nose down and dive thinking he would be pursued. Then the Spitfire flipped over and started to enter a spin as though it had stalled. No doubt about it – it was Jack up to his tricks, and he was flying like there was no tomorrow. The two remaining jerries took the bait and followed him down as he spun and twisted, both looking for an easier kill than JRT’s Spit. Black smoke poured out his exhaust - Jack was worked his throttle to create the impression of engine damage - and both 109s did their best to follow him down. The German pilots must have wondered how a damaged rig spinning out could be taking take them on the ride of their lives. We watched the show until JRT caught up with the squadron and we dived into the clouds and toward our airfield before our fuel ran out."

And what it cost him...

"Little was said as a rule regarding those who failed to return"

Thanks C51, you have reminded us why we anxiously await each new story from you.

JR2, it appears we have much to be thankful for these days. And much to do in the story telling department to even begin to approach the fine efforts of Z and C51.

I have received your proposed commerative for the 3000th post on HWH II and strongly and fully endorse it. Very nice work sir. Your graphics artwork has improved steadily over the years and appears to me to approach professional. By all means fire when ready.

Everyone stand down for the day. This squadron has earned a rest.

TALLY HO!