Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo
I don't use the toe brakes in Elite, but I use them quite a bit in DCS. I suppose I could use them for the buggy maybe? Haven't thought about it to be honest.

Rec have you tried the "Bankler's Case I Recovery" mission? I use that to work on my Case I. I've gotten to the point I'm consistently able to get on the deck. It ain't always pretty, but any landing you can walk away from....
I haven't messed with the Harrier since the new stick, though the Virpil throttle has a lever that is an axis that I use for the nozzle and I loved it when I used it!!

Obsessively using Bankler's Case 1 Recovery trainer. Actually I have gotten to the point where I can do PRETTY well up to the 90. I always seem to roll out too far left (chasing the localizer bar off to the right) so by the time I line up, I have little time in the Groove to stay on the ball. Tried making the turn more gradual, but then I end up chasing the bar the OTHER way. Gotta find the right sight and ICLS picture to judge the 90 I HAVE managed it several times but not consistently. My best was 41/75 with 3 wire and perfect Groove Time. Pretty much NOTHING else went right smile

I am happy if I trap at all regardless of my score, though. I started doing the PATTERN mode so I launch from the carrier and go around all dirtied up and on speed since I am more concerned with judging the 90 to get in the groove and on altitude than the other pieces,

I use the TQS ANT ELEVATION rotary for the Nozzles in the Harrier and it works well for that.

Last edited by Recluse; 02/13/21 04:05 PM.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals