Originally Posted by DBond
Thanks WC, those are some big totals. Roughly double mine. I passed 195,000 on the way home last night, still about 1,200 to go.

Panzer must have some good numbers, he's been across the galaxy a couple times hasn't he?

Yeah, the numbers sound more impressive than they really are - I made it once slightly beyond SagA* - there are plenty of people that made multiple circumnavigations. wink
[Linked Image]
Straightening it out, it would be about one roundtrip.
Another "impressive" number - I still have the grand total of 0 neutron-boosted jumps. despite these long trips. For me exploration is more about vsiting systems than making distance.
The long-range sightseeing mission I am flying wasn't on the best vector. I saw before taking it that the route was pretty much straight down the Colonia highway, with a slight uphill component. I knew that meant that virgin systems would be few and far between. I did find one completely virgin system about 1,800 light years from Sol, but that's been it. Every other system I've dropped in has been visited before.

Yeah, about 2kly around the bubble it's hard to still find unvisited systems - best chance are K, M and brown dwarf systems, but apart from the Ks, the others mostly just have snowballs in them...