Yeah, I read that a few days ago. I'm conflicted. On one hand I think consequences for decisions are a good thing, even when they are bad. These players that got trapped made a decision, and they had to live (for awhile) with the consequences. On the other hand I don't want new players to quit over other players taking advantage of their inexperience and trust.

Still, it spawned an even better thing, the rescue. And this is compelling content. And besides, all these players would need to do is self destruct, and bank the lesson they just learned. I would hate to lose a ship for any reason, but this is the price you pay, I suppose.

On my very first day in GTAO I was out in the city on foot looking for my first car. As I climbed the decks of a parking garage looking for one, I got a message, "your Uber awaits at the top". I looked out and there was a helicopter in a perfect hover pointing directly at me. I climbed another deck and the helo did too. At the top I thought "why not", despite my misgivings. I got in. Bad move.

We flew over the city at night, and I took it all in. It was beautiful and peaceful. As we approached the Vinewood sign on the hillside, the pilot set her down. What a perfect spot to take n the sights of the city lights sprawled out below. As the pilot climbed out I saw he was a clown. Clowns are NEVER good. Green hair, red cheeks, big feet, the whole works. Uh oh.

In his hand was a machete of course (what else?). I fumbled for my pistol and instead brought out my fists. Derp. Whack! Ouch, that hurt.

I finally got my gun out and shot him in the face. Nothing happened aside from another machete chop and I died, right there on the hill with Los Santos sleeping and unaware. OK lesson learned. I then respawned. IN THE SAME #%&*$# PLACE!!!

By now homie was back in the whirly bird and I tried running down the hill. He chopped me up with his rotor blades.

"Sorry man, I had to do it" He says.

Homie don't play dat. So I quit. Yeah it sucked, but I earned a valuable lesson (which I already knew). People generally suck, and don't trust anyone, especially when they offer something to you that you didn't ask for.

And the concept art in that article is awesome.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!