Originally Posted by DBond
I'm happy to contribute, only wish it had been more, but that GSR I put in last week took a C5 slot, added a 6A scoop and I'm down to a C4 Rack now. But anyway, your reserves are nearly topped off, so it won't take much more to fill it to the brim.

Sorry to hear about the technical difficulties.

Which reminds me. Rec, you had some gimbal issues recently, did I read that somewhere? Did you ever get that squared away? I probably have one or two stock Cougar gimbals laying around, since one of my Cougars is titanium Evenstrain and one is Uber NXT.

I like that you found a role for the Cobra Bo. So many players attack activities with the biggest hammer. I like seeing commanders being a bit more surgical, using small ships. As you guys know I have no large ships (Orca doesn't count lol) and always encourage folks to use smalls and mediums more. Half the player base would think it's nuts using a Cobra when you could use a Cutter and MOAR! I love it though. Good rock hunting commander smile

Yes I had Gimbal issues. Temporarily fixed now. but it is good to know that I might be able to hit you up for a replacement if needed. I really SHOULD do one of those mods, but I just can't seem to go for the expense and installation needed. Originally I had a lot of wobble in my stick which was not only disconcerting, but also affected the inputs with the X axis never centering and moving all over the place. Largely due, I believe to excessive wear on the central column, but at the time I suspected the X gimbal. A friendly SIMHQer answered my query and sent me his old GIMBALS. I installed the X Gimbal, and wrapped the column with tape. This worked for awhile, until the Gimbal SNAPPED catastrophically. I replaced the OLD Gimbal, wrapped with more tape, and tightened everything down, and SO FAR SO GOOD. I had replaced the POTS with the VIPERGEAR Hall sensors, as my Y pot had gone totally bad, but during the Surgery, the X-Gimbal Magnet "tail" snapped and i had to dig it out. Luckily I had a replacement mechanical POT, and, honestly I like the mechanical X pot better than I like the Y Hall Sensor. Was almost going to replace the HALL sensor with another mechanical pot if i can find one... but for now it is all good. Hall sensor has a smaller raw dynamic range, but calibration gives the full range.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals