Good luck on your expedition JC. Yeah, no reason to rush, other than being CERTAIN you get the first discoveries and not some random chump smile

I spent most of yesterday in the pit of my DBX flying back to the bubble. I flew about 11,000 light years, so about half-way. That's about 40,000 light years in all so far. Virtually all of that in untagged systems. As long as you don't fly straight along the Colonia highway, it's all virgin out here. I'm closing in on 500 million in data at this stage. Of course I'll spend half of that to transfer the Krait back and forth. But money wasn't the goal, getting first discoveries and unlocking the Colonia engineers was, but I'll still be several hundred million in the black, pun intended.

Engineers are done. And I cannot say for sure, but I would estimate around 3,000 first discoveries to this point. Among these are 8 earth-likes, 6 ammonia worlds, 60 water worlds and over 1000 HMCs. I've found no white dwarfs, no neutrons, no wolfs, no black holes.

This has been a great experience, really glad I decided to do it. I've flown out 4x farther than my previous best. I've doubled my career exploration proceeds and more to come. I stopped off at Caravanserai once again on the way home and sold the data collected since Colonia. I've got another 40 mil on board now and still 11,000 light years to go. When I get back, I plan to visit a number of engineers to shuffle some pinned blueprints. I have some duplicates now. There are a couple more I have yet to unlock like Sedesi and the Sarge, so I plan to do that now as well. My remote engineering choices will be all set, with virtually every blueprint I use.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!