Originally Posted by DBond
That's a good tip JC. Works OK in some of my ships, but it's a bit of a tempest in the faster ones. 780 m/s is 1740 mph. Dust kicking up, coffee cup lids swirling around, maps a mess. I like the feeling of vacuum through my hair, but the post-flight clean up is a chore.

Who here still has a carrier? What is it called and where is it parked? I'd like to stop by for a visit and see one of these first hand.

I like a neat and tidy cockpit - nothing loose so nothing flies. I also enjoy the breeze through my...er...scalp, nothing better when flying by a nice hot sun to crank all the windows down, turn the AC on high, tunes blasting through the void....

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein