I have a thermal vent and an oversized beam (both efficient) on my Vulture because I ran out of mats to make two thermal vents! So when I am getting sustained hits it slowly drops the heat, but never by all that much. It cruises at 29% and maybe will hit 24% after a sustained tethering of my beams to the target. Not enough to ice over anyway. The Krait, Courier and FDL all have dual vent beams though. I will probably do it to the Vulture too, because the single oversize adds like .8 DPS and I'd rather have the cloaking. Like unlimited heatsinks ya know?

I said in the small fighter thread I like to build ships that run cool, fly fast and jump far at the cost of integrity and firepower usually. What you may not know is I appreciate the finest in space travel too. Nothing says refinement and class like the Saud Kruger luxury line, am I right? So combine these things and here's what I built tonight. Well, improved tonight. Quite a bit too.

Sunburst

To break up the combat, I've been flying sightseeing missions, getting back to my roots, the way I funded my early game when money was tight. I've had this Orca for a long time, and it always did the job well enough. It's fast enough and runs cool enough to just submit and boost away on any interdiction. It jumped 50 with a single C5 cabin. But I built it back when I only had a few G5 engineers unlocked, and then spent engineering efforts on other ships. So she was due for some attention.

Before the changes it cruised at 16% heat, on G5 clean, thermal spread drives. Rebuilding it though, and finishing out some of the engineering I was able to add around 60 m/s speed, draw a lot less power overall (just 16 MW), have better shields and integrity and STILL run even cooler. This ship rests at 14% heat. The drawback to the dirty drives is accelerating, boosting or any sort of maneuvering will cause it to run 2 to 3% hotter. Chain-boosting goes to 37%. Once a ship is at speed and flying straight the thrusters produce no heat, so it returns to the cool cruise temp. But I think it's worth that big boost in speed for a little more heat, though the first few interdictions against fast ships will tell if boost is a bit too hot. I could finally finish the ELP shields and the G5 low emissions power plant with my better engineer access. G5 probe radius, a couple of HD E-boosters, a little work on heatsinks and wake scanner. Engine-focused PD.

Flush with Arx I painted it too, a posh blue that underlines the ship's elegance.

No weapons of course, and resistances were essentially ignored. Empty optional slots are for cabin configuration. I have all sorts of them in storage and can swap them in and out as needed for the mission. I usually load one C5 business class (seats 10) and two first class (seat 6 each) before checking the passenger lounge. This way I can take any of the best Elite ones, since some will require first class with more than 6 seats, in which case I take both of those. Whichever cabin(s) do not get used get stored before flying the mission to maximize jump. The empty C2 slot can be used when I load economy. But no need for that until burning stations return. I could add a MRP or HRP there I suppose in the mean time.

Pretty good ship, well suited to the role. And what a view out of the front of this thing.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!