Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

This seems like way too much of a PITA to bother.

I'm happy you're back, but at this point my advice is to just back away biggrin

in less than 500 hours of time?

Fixed it. This won't be too bad if you have already unlocked the engineers you need. Have you? If not, you've only barely scratched the surface and there is no way you'll be able to do this in 5 hours, or even 100. For example, in your hull tank Cobra you'll need armor engineering, which requires Selene Jean. And she requires 500t mined, which maybe you've done. I don't know what you've done previously. And just to meet her you have to unlock The Blaster. And then gather enough mats to engineer a half-dozen HRPs plus the armor.

And that doesn't even consider your thrusters, FSD, rails, power plant and anything else you'll want to engineer. And if PvP is your goal, then you need to unlock a lot of engineers. Engineering is a long-haul objective. But like I said if you've already unlocked engineers then this can go pretty quickly, a couple of days at most. If not, you're looking at several hundred hours of effort.

Like Wingnuts said the benefits are worth the effort. Each of us has been through it. The massive boost in performance, capability and effectiveness is awesome, but it takes some dedication and a lot of time. If you are already frustrated by it, then it's not worth it, you have a long way to go.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!