Just thought I'd check in - I decided to get my 2nd Elite in Exploration, so I hopped in my trusty Asp and set a course for Sag A. Then about 50-60 jumps in, I decided to go to Eta Carinae Nebula first, so I made a little detour. So far it's been honk & scoop pretty much the whole way, though I've stumbled across a couple of water worlds and mapped them out, as well as a good number of high metal content worlds. As it stands, I'm about 70 jumps out of my target system in the nebula. I'm not in any hurry, nor do I like to sit for hours and honk/scoop/check FSS so it will be a few sessions before I get there. I'm hoping for some good screenies though!

I also got my invite from Professor Palin, so I'll be visiting him upon my return.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein