The coronavirus sucks for sure, but it has provided me more Elite time. As mentioned in the small fighter thread, I started a new project yesterday, building an iEagle in to an uberfast wake scanning vessel.

Smokeless

That's faster by 60 m/s than my already-fast Courier. Speed is life smile

(but more likely death, time will tell)

For the past two years or so I have called the Dvorsi system home. Not far from Achenar, it's an Imperial system that pulled me in with 37 landable planets. Virtually every raw mat in Elite is in that system, and I found it very convenient to base there for this reason. It has served me very well. But for the past year I've wanted to pull up stakes. The main reason is I don't like Coriolis stations. It's not hard to find the entrance, but it's a bit annoying at times. On an Orbis or Ocellus station you know instantly where to go as soon as you drop. Plus they look so much cooler.

So after building Smokeless the wake scanner I decided to resume the search I had broken off a year ago. I went on EDDB and started looking around, filtering stations by type. Ocellus or Orbis with a mat trader. I rejected many for a number of reasons, not least of which were names I didn't think sounded cool enough, or that would be hard to type in to various apps and the nav map. Mostly exhausting the Imperial selection, I re-ran the search for Fed stations. One name jumped out at me. Moxon's Mojo. That's the cool-sounding sort of thing I am talking about. The system is called Bolg, which doesn't sound cool, but is rather easy to type smile

So I had a look at this station. It has....

Interstellar Factors
Black Market
Mat Trader (raw)
Tech Broker
Haz and High RES
CNB (low security)
Orbis station
And the kicker is it has six! Fed-aligned minor factions, which is a lot

That's pretty good. On the downside the station is 900 ls arrival, which isn't bad at all really, and the RES are 3,000 ls from the station. And pop is just 125,000. So I flew there in the Krait, and whistled for the DBX and Vulture. Did a little bounty hunting while waiting, to start bumping rep with the controlling faction. When the DBX arrived I flew it back to Dvorsi to get the Orca, and then returned to Bolg to run a couple sightseeing missions. Not sure how long I'll stay, but it's a great spot to raise combat rank and Fed rank too. It's about 35 ly from Sol, very close to Wyrd, an engineer system.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!