DID Prize Announcement
Gentlemen, it’s been a long war. A few weeks ago I contacted Raine and told him I would like to make an engraved platter for whoever he deemed the “best pilot” of the campaign. At the time I mentioned who I thought it was but would keep “opinions to myself”. Raine was of the opinion that because the whole purpose of the campaign, besides having a boatload of fun, was to immerse one’s self historically so the story and pilot skill should both be judged. He told me his pick and it seems we were both like minded.

Wood turning is one of my many hobbies. I have turned out an Elm Platter that is now at the engravers for “Best DID Campaign Contributor 2018-2021”

EPower, you may take a bow. Though all the stories were great, I don’t think anyone will contest the outcome. Epower’s stories were epic and as far as his last pilot, what a score!

Also, and I did this on my own, I have tuned two more, one for Raine, “The Ringmaster” and one for Lou, “Gong Master”. These two I will use my burning tool and dedicate them on the bottom of the platter. These were necessary in my opinion. Without Raine, it would not have happened, and Lou added a whole new dimension to the immersion being the Gong Fairy.

I will post pictures when the main one gets back from the engraver.

Congratulations EPower and thank you George and Lou!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!