MartinDavies - Welcome to the gang! It’s a great place to be, the chaps will make you feel right at home. My pilot is recovering from a scrape with the PBI ( poor * infantry) and is not due back on the front line ‘till the 12th. Great first report I look forward to reading how Davies gets on!

MFair - congrats of the fourth victory I hope to hear the flutter of the gong fairy’s dainty wings very soon!

Fullofit- cracking news about the Tripe, thrilled for you ... now you can really start racking up the victories!! Touching letter to Anne I hope she writes back soon!

Carrick58- brilliant Gif! Messing with the brass will get you back in a parasol!

HarryH - I hope you’re continuing to recover under the caring ministrations of Tillie!

War Diaries of Sebastian Von Toombs

9th February 1917
Hospital

Spending my time, smoking, reading and writing to Kitty. I’m dreaming about flying and can’t wait to get back in my plane. There’s a rumour going round that the DIIs are soon to be replaced again, back to DIIIs, the wings have been reenforced so are less likely to shear off! My wounds are healing nicely. I’m off to catch up on some sleep. My prayers are with Walter, Paul and my Jasta.

To be continued

Last edited by SebToombs; 02/09/20 03:33 PM.