HarryH, welcome to the best. DID. Ever!
Looks like Jim survived the war. Congratulations!

Lou, thanks for the heads up about the weather. I know what Gaston could expect and wasn't that disappointed. You are right. Ammo conservation will have to be a priority until they will get belt-feeders.

Carrick, looks like HQ was out to lunch on all fronts when they assigned new missions. Gaston had to go back to the same spot as well.

3 March , 1916 8:00
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Adjutant Gaston A. Voscadeaux

Ltn. Dagonet was leading ‘B’ Flight through the wet snow. Gaston and the other 4 pilots in the element were miserable. They couldn’t believe winter was still holding on to this world with its frosty claws. The mission called for arty spotting north of St. Mihiel salient. It was exactly the same spot they patrolled yesterday. The oddest part of this mission wasn’t the weather, nor the location, but the fact that none of the airplanes in the flight carried any observers. Arty spotting was being conducted in name alone and the true mission would be to sweep enemy buses from the sky. One could say it was an arty spotting denial. There were no contacts on this mission. Truth be told no German would be suicidal enough to tackle five Nieuports.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1916-03-03.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."