Scout, glad to see Aleck fully recovered. Time to checkmate the Boche.
MFair, that was an exciting battle. I can just imagine Barrus at his Lewis taking shots at the German trenches. I am glad Jericho is keeping in touch with Camille. Unlike a certain Scandinavian hotshot, who left poor Georgette hanging.
Carrick, looks like you’re having your hands full with those two-seaters.

27 April, 1916 05:20 morning mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
18 confirmed kills

The brass hats decided that it was time to raid the Stenay Spurline rail yard again. The weather was miserable with grey clouds dominating over the entire area and the incessant drizzle deteriorated the visibility to minimum. As one would expect, there was no enemy contact and the attack could proceed without any interruptions. The large storage buildings were riddled repeatedly by volleys from all flight members. There was one casualty. Adj. Delbee was wounded lightly during the attack. He would have to remain grounded until his recovery.

27 April, 1916 13:30 afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
18 confirmed kills

The second mission of the day took Gaston and his temporary wingman S. Ltn. Medeville patrolling unfriendly skies over the Brullin Higny aerodrome. This was a dangerous mission, far into enemy territory. The dense clouds obscured most of the view for most of the time. As it was his custom, S. Ltn. Medeville was flying the plane of the pilot currently in the hospital. It felt odd to see Adj. Delbee’s machine in the air. On their arrival over the ‘drome they were greeted warmly by a pair of Fokkers skulking in the clouds. Each French pilot picked one of the Huns as their target. Gaston’s foe had to be a novice as he never made any stunts Voscadeaux was used to. He simply flew straight after some initial maneuvers. Gaston wasn’t the one to look a gift horse in the mouth and proceeded to make a sieve out of the Fokker. The monoplane caught on fire, but Gaston didn’t have time to admire his work as the other Fokker jumped right in front of his machine. Medeville was nowhere to be found. Did the Boche get him? He managed to get on the tail of this second Boche and fired his last bullets. The smoke started to trickle from the Hun, but it wasn’t enough to bring him down. He probably glided safely to the field below, but Gaston wouldn’t know. He was already on his way back home with all of his ammunition freshly expended. When he landed, Medeville was already down, walking around the Nieuport and counting the bullet holes. The riggers better do a good job of patching them before Delbee comes back and finds out.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."