I must state for the record that listening to Matt Milne's epic WOFF Menu Music album makes writing so much easier and atmospheric. I found it yesterday, languishing in GrooveMusic. The WOTR one is available through Apple music but I prefer the WOFF soundtrack.

MFair - Immer's one of the cool kids now. Glad the shoot went off without incident. That Schobinger fellow firing over the shoulder on the other hand is definitely needing a talking to. That claims officer too. What's going on up there?
Mein Gott! Eindeckern! Was ist los?

Carrick - Road food is good food in the great War as well. Nice find. Who knew changing Aerodromes could be such an ordeal. BTW, when did Marcel time travel back into September? Did I miss something?
Congrats on the promotion to Section leader. Bon Chance avec le Claim. Excellent pic of what will be known 50 years hence as low lag pursuit. 1 vs 3 on Oct 12th (Hey you're back in October) looking rather precarious. Glad it worked out and Marcel is still in la Guerre.

Fullofit - Well done nailing those Nieups. Whatever your E management may or may not be, you've a great knack for judging rate of closure and maintaining time on target, or Krumpet in this case. Oliver and Ziggy fought in that same brilliant blue sky on the 10th. Amazing atmosphere. Some nice long range potting there too. Is it me or did Nadette know the sun would illuminate her in that way? Curly's Law.

Lou - What a nice ride Freddy has waiting for him at Biddendon. Is the AC-10 the only one? I bet you wish we still had the Model-T now that you have that smoking new rig. I wonder if there's a Freddy v Aunt Rhea drag race in our future.

Raine - I very much enjoyed your rainy day tale of 'The Shooting Party' although I fear the experience aged poor Meuller. Its effect on Mitzi remains hidden in the darkness of the future. The Shooting Party is one of my favorite movies. It was James Mason's last hurrah, and a delightful, tightly written Edwardian romp. Gielgud as the animal rights activist is magnificent (as always)and occasionally hilarious. James Mason went out with one of his best performances. That's the pic I linked. No doubt I would appreciate it more now than I did 35 years ago. Alas, not available on any current streaming service. Rereading the story, it occurs that my initial response might have come across as a bit flippant. If so, that was in no way my intention. 50! Hals und Beinbruch! Vogel was a most affable host to poor Allwood. "When you fall. We will give you a sendoff when you fall!" Nice trade. Those English Fug boots are quite the score.

Last edited by epower; 10/14/20 12:19 AM.