Wulfe, brilliant work on introducing us to N31 crew. I don’t know why but I like Sgt. Lemoine. Now Vetadier, I didn’t expect that. What a shame. So how do you like the Bebe? You’ll soon learn to conserve your ammo, or shoot those Fokkers with a single burst winkngrin

9 April, 1916 06:50 morning mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Sous Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
12 confirmed kills

The green Fokker was now confirmed. The tan one, not so much.

Gaston let the last volley fly toward the railyard buildings at Stenay and gave the signal to regroup. The boys were milling around nearby. One was coming over right now. It had only one pair of wings. Eindecker! Where did he come from? He was flying higher than Voscadeaux's machine, but this never stopped Gaston before from attacking his foe. With one flick of the control column Viollete was pointing her nose up, just as the Boche machine presented its belly to her. It only took one burst and the Fokker was falling down to crash in between trees of the forest below, just east of the rail yard. This happened with all three of Gaston's wingmen arriving on scene. Voscadeaux will not have any problems finding a witness.

9 April, 1916 15:00 afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Sous Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
12 confirmed kills
Waiting for a claim confirmation

Patrol over Vadelaincourt aerodrome. A thick layer of fog fell on Senard aerodrome is the afternoon. The two machines destined for a patrol over Vadelaincourt aerodrome were piercing the mists and attempting to climb above it. Gaston's engine started to act up as they reached the Argonne Forest and finally threw up in his face. The oil was all over the windscreen and Voscadeaux had to battle both the fog and oily goggles to get back down. He barely made it to the edge of Brocourt-en-Argonne aerodrome. The mechanics came running towards the pilot and his machine. They knew who he was by the colour of his mount. They didn’t really fuss over Gaston himself, but his Violette, that was another matter. They were almost afraid to touch her with their greasy hands. The reverence they have shown to his aeroplane astounded him, but if that helps get him back in the air any sooner, so be it. Violette had her engine examined, repaired, cleaned up and polished. The cowling never shone this brilliantly. Gaston thanked the AM’s for their thorough work and took off. He was back at Senard before the dark.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1916-04-09.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."