MFair, those are some beautiful spurs you've forged there. My condolences on the loss of your friend and instructor. He taught you well. Hope you have full use of your right arm back by now.
Also, another great episode, good to see Jericho is getting James up in the saddle. Swany has held off asking about taking Moon out for a ride: first, because he knows his friend Jericho has been taking every chance he can get to work with the fine animal; and second, because Swany would prefer to ride when the weather is a bit warmer. The Minnesotan grew up with horses on the farm and at his uncle's sawmill, as they were used often for pulling plows and moving goods and such. He learned to ride as a child, in fact beginning on bareback. Truth be told, when it's a leisurely ride, he still prefers going with just a saddle blanket and a light rope around the base of the horse's neck.

Carrick, it is a trick to find your way around when the clouds are thick.

Fullofit, looks like Gaston had poor visibility to contend with as well. I hope we're not in for another long stretch of horrid weather.

Harry, I like the old journal entry, well done.