Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert
Fullofit, I can't quite believe that Gaston was denied all three of those claims. You would think that with his record and his ace status that HQ would be more open to taking the man at his word.

Lou, I have moving pictures to prove it!

So, Swany is finally on the correct side of La Manche! Can't wait to see what he'll come up for his new machine livery. I bet it will be very Vikingish. Too bad about the weather.

Hasse, keeping a seat warm for you here.
What is this Real Life people keep talking about? Is that a new mod?

24 May, 1916 05:40 morning mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
27 confirmed kills

The mission to attack Sivry airfield was an early one. By the time they reached the target, the aerodrome was just beginning to bustle with activity. They’ve caught an Eindecker taking off the field for its morning patrol. Gaston followed and brought him down still within the aerodrome's visual range. German ground crews would make perfect witnesses to his claim, but S.Lt. Japy will have to do. The aerodrome itself wasn't damaged significantly. They all returned home after their ammunition stores were depleted.

24 May, 1916 13:40 afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
27 confirmed kills
Awaiting 1 claim confirmation

Scramble! Three enemy monoplanes were "lost" over Senard. Gaston took off with Japy and de Gueser close behind. As he climbed to meet his foe, Voscadeaux lost the Fokkers from view, obscured by his upper plane. It was a good thing his wingmen were in a better position behind and alerted Gaston to the Fokker's sudden change of direction and the imminent attack. Gaston spent most of his ammo trying to bring the monoplane down. Finally the Boche went into a spin with only a few bullets left to spare. They did not chase after the other two. Gaston ordered his flight to land. The mission was over.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."