Todays romp over France......

Was to be an easy raid on Esc.49 at Fontaine.
So after finishing our beer and bratwurst breakfast while waiting for the wogs to ready our "Blue Dragon", we mount our beast and head off south.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Things may be slow in this sector but the view of the land is one that makes the heart pound with enjoyment.
Anyway, south of Mulhouse we pick up 2 Aviatks from FFA 282 also going west. Makes one feel some what safer I suppose.

[Linked Image]

Heiny makes out the airfield and we line up to bomb. Again we miss target....hmmm we gota work on that.
We are finished and I decide to follow our comrades further west, but three spots arriving from the north change my mind.
Now we are in a mad rush to get back over to our side.

[Linked Image]

We just clear the lines and the Franzmänner are about 600m away....500....400... Heiny starts to fire.
I'm almost death from the MG fire going off next to my ears, but I can feel the thud of bullets hitting my Aviatik.
It's no use, I'll have to turn and make us a harder target to shot at. The noise is tremendous, and Heiny is going ape on the guns.
All I can see is the occasiaonal flash of some N10 going under or over us.

It seems that one Franzmann is leaving, so I manage to slip in behind the other while he also attempts to bugger off.
I try to give Heiny a good shot but this guy just keeps turning hard to the right. We manage to get a few bursts in before
I notice steam and oil start to hamper my vision, #%&*$# the engine must of bought it a while back.
Not much to do now but leave and land asap. Lucky for us the enemy had the same idea.

I manage to land near our balloon unit at Didnenheim. Landing was quite shoddy too.
But we are alive.

[Linked Image]

After a closer inspection, especially the tail section, I had my suspicions about Heiny's accuracy.

Last edited by lederhosen; 01/29/19 11:33 AM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB