30 March, 1916 15:40 - afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Sous Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
6 confirmed kills

In the afternoon, second mission of the day was ordered. It was an arty spotting romp over the front sector south of the St. Mihiel salient. It was a simple affair: Gaston lead both flights, they all arrived over the target among dense cloud cover, completed their patrol and were on their way back. Easy peasy, or so they thought. As they were entering a cloud layer to descend, Gaston took a look back and noticed 2 shadows moving just below the cloud surface. He was certain the two shapes were monoplanes so he gave chase with the rest of his flight in tow. He was right, two Fokkers oblivious to the French aeroplane presence were patrolling the skies. Gaston snuk behind the trailing scout and opened fire. He landed some shots and the Fokker started to evade. He let him go knowing well his wingmen will take care of the rest. He switched to the leader and opened fire again. A mad chase ensued but eventually the Hun was forced to drop to a low level where he lost control, went into a spin and crashed into NML near St. Mihiel. After reforming and returning to base Gaston learned that Adj. Boillot got the other Hun. It was a productive day. Voscadeaux made another claim. It was his third of the day.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."