MFair, looks like Cpt. Barrus is a keeper. Well done! One Eindecker less to worry about. Congrats on the confirmation.
Carrick, flares against an aerodrome? eek2

25 April, 1916 05:40 morning mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
18 confirmed kills

B Flight
Ltn. Voscadeaux
Adj. Albert Delbee (wingman)
Adj. Boillot

Beautiful, beautiful weather! Blue skies, some clouds and no sign of rain! The ‘B’ flight was tasked with a patrol over the friendly aerodrome of La Cheppe. It was another great exercise in formation keeping for Adjutant Delbee. No contact, apart from some signs of archie as they were circling the 'drome to land. They'll have to catch up with the Huns some other time.

[Linked Image]

25 April, 1916 14:00 afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
18 confirmed kills

This afternoon Gaston led his flight members on a patrol over enemy camp north of St. Mihiel salient, across from Fresne, on the east outskirts of La Reine Forest. As soon as they have reached the frontlines Violette's engine started to act up and Gaston was informed by the ailing power plant that he cannot continue through a message on his wind screen written in oil spatter. Voscadeaux detached from the formation and wished his flight mates good luck. He was afraid he will have to put down somewhere in a farmer's field again, but Violette soldiered on and finally he reached Senard and set her gently down on the green field of the aerodrome. The rest of the ‘B’ flight returned victorious half an hour later. Ltn. Dagonet and Adj. Delbee claimed an Aviatik each. Cpl. Etienne Tsu returned empty handed.
Dagonet came over to where Gaston was sitting with a glass of wine and asked, "- What happened to you? We could have used you."
"- Yes, you could have used me to steal another of my claims. Couldn't you?" Gaston was annoyed but didn't say anything.
Dagonet continued, "I had to do all the work."
Voscadeaux couldn't restrain himself anymore. "- It is hard work getting your own kills, isn't it?" Caporal Tsu, who hasn't said a word until now, erupted into uncontrollable laughter. It appears the reason he did not claim a victory today was standing in front of them, making boasts. Dagonet, made a sour face and left without uttering another word.
"- Come, sit with me Etienne. Have a drink!" Gaston's mood has just improved.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1916-04-25 AM.jpg1916-04-25 PM.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."