Lou, I am hoping Becquerel would be able to take him down a peg, or two. We shall see.
Good to see Swany back in the air and in a brand spanking new machine to boot. Hope he treats her better than his last ride.

3 February , 1916 9:02
Toul, Verdun Sector
Escadrille C17
Sergent Gaston A. Voscadeaux

Just as Gaston suspected, the C.O. let his displeasure be known regarding their poor performance from yesterday and ordered the two men to complete the mission as originally planned. No slip ups, no more bad engines, no misses.
Voscadeaux was following Dessarce over the rail yard he “visited” yesterday. He paid close attention and took great care to aim his bombs. He didn’t want to come back here third day in a row. His aim was true. First bomb went through the roof of the large shed destroying it and the adjacent structure as well. The second bomb exploded in the middle of the yard, setting on fire many crates with supplies and ammunition. He was pleased with himself and returned to the aerodrome in good spirits. S.Ltn. Dessarce managed to keep his Caudron in one piece ... mostly. As he was making his circuits around the base, the engines begun to smoke again. He was able to land among great billows of black smoke and stench of burnt oil. Gaston simply rolled his eyes and headed for the mess.
Adjutant Dumas announced that a new pilot arrived on the base while they were completing their mission. A certain Sergent Gaspar Tourand. Gaston decided to introduce himself tomorrow in the briefing room. He was parched and in need of wine.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."