MFair, great news! I hope Jericho survived this "procedure".
Carrick, look at all those ruffles … and those splits! I wish some pretty ladies would kick my hat like that!

17 June, 1916 05:25 morning mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
42 confirmed kills
Awaiting 1 claim confirmation

Friendly front line patrol south of Spincourt.
It was Adjutant Boillot again and his eagle eyes. Gaston would have missed the Fokker flight were it not for his flight-mate. He could see Frougier and Dagonet already chasing one Eindecker and Boillot tangling with the other. Gaston decided to help the keen-eyed pilot. They chased the Boche low above the No Man's Land, taking turns at attacking the Hun. Gaston saw someone on fire crashing into the ground. He prayed it was the other German. Finally with a well placed burst Voscadeaux crippled the monoplane and watched him make a slow curve into the dirt. Boillot flew above the wreck to examine it. Gaston ordered everyone to return to base. They needed to save their strength for the next mission.

17 June, 1916 13:25 afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
42 confirmed kills
Awaiting 2 claim confirmations

Gaston’s task this afternoon was to patrol over the enemy lines NE of Verdun. It was a lone wolf affair. He found a pair of juicy Aviatiks on his final lap of the circuit. Voscadeaux came from behind on the tail of the trailing machine. He aimed carefully and fired. Solid hits registered on the fuselage and debris started to clutter his flightpath, but as he was flying by for another pass, a bullet grazed his head, bouncing off his thick skull. Gaston was paralyzed, watching his target fly away unable to generate even a twitch. He finally regained his senses and quickly turned to land at the closest airfield. He was looked at and his wound was stitched and disinfected with a good dose of alcohol. His kepi would not fit on his bandaged head for a week.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."