Originally Posted by Wulfe
hopefully the next 'Chausette' manages to stay paired up for a while wink

Wulfe, Gaston has his toes crossed.
Like everyone else, I add my compliments on an excellently told story. That was one scary, desperate, eyes wide open, palms sweating, blood-curdling yet lucky dive. (Hopefully Thierry is a miracle worker and can splice a mismatched wing from another wreck) You’ve got to love Lemoine for that wordless hip-flask gesture. And most importantly, congrats on making an Ace! Well done!
BTW, watch the first video and tell me if things look familiar. winkngrin

MFair, hopefully the Gods of War will smile upon you and grant your wish. Something faster and more nimble sounds nice.

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert
And how does France's great ace look with singed facial hair?

Lou, why do you think tips of Gaston’s moustache are curly?
Man, oh man! With all this sitting around and reading newspapers, Swany is going to forget how to dogfight and will have to learn all of it from the beginning. Time to give that Strutter a workout.

Carrick, Carrick. You should have asked for personal delivery.

22 May, 1916 05:30 morning mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
27 confirmed kills
Awaiting 1 claim confirmation

It was a dreary, heavily clouded day and the line patrol over the front, north of Verdun would be an uneventful one, were it not for some rotten luck. It was rotten for a pair of Aviatiks to fly right into the ‘B’ flight. S.Lt. Japy wanted to impress and took out one of the Boches while Voscadeaux got the other one.

22 May, 1916 13:45 afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
27 confirmed kills
Awaiting 2 claim confirmations

Gaston led Japy, Barnay, Boillot and de Geuser on recon of the front sector mission, north of Verdun. They were to look for troop movements but what they found was even better. A mix of Fokkers and Aviatiks were also in the area and the big contest of who can stay in the air longer commenced. The Aviatiks were the first to lose, then the Fokkers. Everyone claimed a machine except Boillot. Gaston got his Eindecker over NML across from Verdun City. By the end of the day he was waiting for 3 confirmations.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."