Lou, will Swany be using Madam Foufou's advertisement pamphlets to shim the stained glass window in Conllins' shack?

18 February , 1916
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Sergent Gaston A. Voscadeaux

A thick blanket of snow was covering Senard aerodrome. It was quiet and not much was happening on the base apart from the usual tasks and chores. Gaston, sitting in the mess with a half-empty bottle of red wine beside him, was darning one of his socks which developed a hole in the heel. He was surprised when the adjutant brought him a letter that was not from his wife. Unlike the French Air Force, the French Post was still working even in this weather.
He put away his needlework and turned the unopened letter in his hands, held it against the light and examined the letters on the front. They were very curvy. He wondered if the woman who wrote these letters also was very curvy. He brought the letter close to his face and inhaled. It smelled of lilacs ... and paper. Mostly paper. His curiosity grew with each moment and finally exploded when he ripped the envelope open. A photograph fell out of the torn paper sleeve. He recognized it immediately. It was a small photo of Dr. Girard-Mangin. The woman doctor he had met at Le Bourget aerodrome. It was because of her that Gaston was able to complete his training and get his pilot’s license. He owed her.
Voscadeaux pulled the letter from the sleeve and begun to read. In the letter, Nicole - the letter was signed as such, greeted Gaston and explained how she found out where he was stationed. She was now well established at the Verdun hospital and one of her patients mentioned that he knows Gaston. The patient, one Ernest Becquerel who was there as a result of a flight training accident mentioned Gaston had been transferred to Senard aerodrome.
[- Good old Becquerel, so he took my advice and applied for pilot training. What has he got himself into now?] Gaston interrupted his reading to reminisce.
The letter went on that she is disappointed that he has not visited her yet. They are located so close and he MUST visit. She would not take no for an answer. The letter concluded with the exact address of the hospital and as mentioned earlier, was signed: Your friend, Nicole.
Gaston was ashamed of himself for not thinking of visiting his benefactor. He will correct this oversight and decided to see Dr. Nicole first chance he gets to visit the city. Voscadeaux took out a piece of paper and a pen. It took him a while to decide how to start. He placed the tip of the pen on the paper:
Dear Nicole, ...

Attached Files Nicole.png

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."