Fullofit, I nearly spewed coffee all over my monitor while reading Gaston's latest this morning. Funny! Hope he can get back in the air soon, NOT two weeks.

Carrick, Keith is not alone in thinking that HQ is crackers when they send us out to attack rail yards and factories with .303 ammo and nothing else. You'd be better off bringing along a bunch of rocks to chuck at the buildings.

Raine, wonderful writing as always. Glad to see that James is getting some time in London while he is on Home Defense. And the mystery of who sent him there keeps getting more and more intriguing. To that zep sighting, is that not one of the great moments in WOFF! I remember the first time Artemes spotted one over London back in the last DID campaign - exciting and eerie.

Scout, very sorry to learn of the loss of the RFC's latest ace, I'm sure Aleck will be missed by his squadron mates. Looking forward to seeing who the new man will be.

Wulfe, great episodes. The letter from Jame's brother was a excellent bit of back story. And I really enjoy the intertwining of the adventures of other pilots here into your stories. And congrats on Fullard's latest victory over the Aviatik.

Lederhosen, it looks like that Nieup had Willi's number. Glad your fellow made it down in one piece.

Most enjoyable reading Gents, thanks for sharing.

Not much to report on Lt. Swanson. He and his G/O have been getting in as much flying time as they can on the Strutter while they continue to wait on planes and equipment. There is talk that the first flight of the new squadron will be sent across to France in a few days. But they heard the same story last week, so who knows. Ah well, Swany has been getting in some lumber-jacking around camp, felling a few offending trees and whittling them into firewood. He also made some more spending cash by using the same trick he and Jim had employed back in Canada, collecting bets on how fast he could drop a tree. The chosen target was a fairly large birch that was standing right on the edge of the field at Northolt, and it fell in three strokes under the predicted 30, and well under two minutes. Those that placed their money on our lad from Warroad were very pleased, while those that bet against him grumbled as they gave up their folding money. Swany walked away 87 pounds richer from the affair, so all-in-all that was a good day.