MFair, too bad about Mason. If I see a wingman that appears to be capable I sometimes disregard my pilot’s own safety to keep him alive. That’s why I turned the wingman option off. Less distractions. Congrats on the latest kills.
So, fried eggs for breakfast and a Hun omelet for lunch, did I get that order right, Sir? wink

Epower, you’ve been busy lieutenant Winningstad. Congrats on the promotion. Great job spooking that Hun with your ammo spent. I wonder what they must be thinking when you’re not firing at them? “That’s one chivalrous Tommie” or “I’m so depressed - I’m not worth even one bullet”
They’re definitely not thinking: “he’s out of ammo”.
Now, Oliver better make sure he’s not out of ammo when Eliza comes calling tomorrow at Café Fou. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

Raine, that report kept me on the edge of the seat. When you mentioned the date of 13th I expected the worst. I was just waiting for some HE chaps to arrive and spoil the party. Congrats on a successful mission. Did you fly the mission non-stop, or took some ‘apple’ breaks?

Carrick, Shelby seems right at home in that SPAD. Don’t get too comfortable, the Huns are a huntin’.

16 June, 1917 14:50
St-Quentin-le-Petit, Marne Sector
Jasta 17
Feldwebel Zygmunt Dolf Hahn
3 confirmed kills

Strasser led them towards the front on a patrol to Rosnay aerodrome in enemy territory. As they were climbing to altitude, a pair of Caudrons appeared above them. The Schwarmfürher gave the signal to engage and the chase followed. The two Gitterschwänzen were flying so high that any steering column movement resulted in a stall. Strasser was able to take one of the enemy planes out in his D.V, but Ziggy struggled to keep up in the D.III. After a long period, the German pilot was finally able to match the bomber’s altitude and send it down with a shot off wing. Some of his wingmen followed the falling foe in hopes of dealing that final blow and claiming the two-seater for themselves.

YouTube Link

The patrol continued on, across the No-Man’s Land and into the Frogland. Zygmunt was struggling to keep up with the leader and he noticed him go into a shallow dive. He must have spotted enemies ahead. Hahn followed but was hopelessly outdistanced. Instead he encountered a skirmish nearby and below. It looked like one of the wingmen from Schwarm Eins was being chased by a SPAD. Zygmunt swooped down on the unsuspecting Frenchman and opened fire. He noticed a stork painted on the side of the tan aeroplane. Perhaps it was that Fonck fellow? More fire and the SPAD was spiralling towards earth. “Rot in hell!” Ziggy’s rage towards the Storks was fuelled with each new encounter. The young German didn’t linger over enemy airspace. He pointed the nose of his mount north and return to base.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."