Originally Posted by Forward Observer
I went to a real theater last Friday for a matinee showing of "Nobody" starring Bob Odenkirk of "Better Call Saul" fame. If you have seen the trailers then it's pretty easy to get the gist of the storyline. It's a non-stop shoot em up with Odenkirk amazingly showing that he has the chops to credibly pull off being a full-fledged action star. This was produced by the same people who did the John Wick movies and it's that kind of constant choreographed action once the story takes off until it's a satisfying end. This was an entertaining popcorn movie from start to finish.

If you have Amazon Prime you can rent it, but it's priced in the $20 range which I guess is aimed at a group party home show. It's rated R but the violence is quite stylized to the point of being almost like ballet. That's why I went for matinee senior pricing on the big screen. Of course, it's non-stop action with just enough violence and blood splatters that it's not for the small kiddies.

The plot's nothing new or novel, but it's just so well done and Odenkirk gets to finally push back quite a bit more than his "Call Saul" character does. He also gets his usual share of snappy and humorous lines.

Also making a notable appearance in the movie as Odenkirk's father is veteran character actor Christopher Lloyd. (Back to the Future and Taxi) Lloyd is 82 now but he manages to blow away quite a few bad guys in the big finale. This is the kind of movie that I can see becoming one of those cult classics in the future. It's a shame that its possible exposure will be hampered by the pandemic

If you have Prime and can get a like-minded group of four or more people over to see it, go for it.

Cheers

Totally agree, loved this film. Kind of like John Wick if he was a middle aged dad! Disengage brain and enjoy it.