Originally Posted By: Chucky
Finally got around to watching Firefly the series,or at least to start watching it. I've seen the film many times and really enjoyed it,I guess as I work through the series I may come to understand the film better?

I'm watching the series in the intended order,not as it was broadcast by some networks.

From what I've seen so far it's a shame it got pulled.

Watching it as it aired, it lost me at first. I watched the first 2-4, I forget how many, and stopped for almost a month. It wasn't catching me. Then I picked it up again and finally it started to click, but by then it was too late. The same thing apparently happened with far too many other viewers, losing interest after a few eps. Ratings dropped, it got cancelled. frown

Oddly, when I watched it again later, first on the SF channel and then on DVD, it instantly hooked me. It was a lot like DS9 in that respect, actually, where the first time I saw it I felt the first season struggled but later seasons found their groove...until I rewatched the first season and realized if you already know the characters it's a lot better, but the character development took quite a while to really establish them for you.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter