Originally Posted By: Top Gun
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Top Gun
Saw Concussion with Will Smith, went on a little too long, wasn't all that impressed with it.
It was obvious Oscar bait that failed to make any splash. It came and went with a whimper.

it got noise because of the NFL, but not because it was a good movie. I had high hopes for it when I first saw the previews but the rest of the movie just didn't pull through.

I didn't have high expectations for the movie. Wil Smith can be a good actor but overall there was no big pull to essentially see a documentary that could be better covered in an hour on PBS. Oh, it was and I found that to be informative and concise.

With football being such a huge part of American Culture how many people really want to know how potentially damaging the sport can be on players? Would that mean we'd have to evaluate our national past time and our viewing habits? I don't think a lot of people are ready to do that without some serious introspection.

I look at Wes Welker and he seems a hit away from major TBI that will permanently affect his life. Yet I will still watch come September through Feb.