Originally Posted By: Falstar
I am really surprised at the number of like themed movies this summer. Maybe just didnt' notice it before.

"This is the End" vs. "The World's End"
"White House Down" vs. "Oylmpus Has Fallen"

Likes "White House Down" a lot better than "Oylmpus Has Fallen"
My wife made me turn off "This is the End", but I liked it and will have to watch the rest.

Last movie I watched was "We're the Millers", which we both liked. Same as with "Now You See Me" which was good (but ending predictable, oh well)

Studios have done this more often than you think. I used to think it was corporate espionage, until someone pointed out that scripts get shopped around many studios before the project gets started. Plus, projects get shelved for whatever reason, financing, creative differences, can't get the actors they want, boss doesn't like it, investors aren't biting...then someone comes up with an idea to make a similar script but with some important differences and bang, they start the new project.

Armagedon...Deep Impact was really noticeable.

There was two Mars movies that came out pretty close to each other...neither was really bad, nor particularly memorable either. Still waiting for a good Mars movie...does Total Recall count??

When I think of Mars, I'm much more inclined to imagine Mars as shown in Babylon 5's TV series!

POLITICS, WAR, ECONOMY, CONTROVERSY! and other heated discussions and debates in the PWEC sub-forum at the bottom of this forum main page. See you there!