Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I don't remember if Cathy was supposed to have been known Jack during his recovery or not, TBH. I mean, she went into ophthalmology so I'm not sure there would've been any real crossover there.

The Jedi Master

It's been quite a while since my last Clancey novel - maybe Patriot Game or Clear and Present Danger. I read all up to that point. For some reason that story line in the movie resonated, but can't be sure. Maybe she was in the same hospital and she caught Jack's attention. Oh well, thanks.

Speaking of movies. I went to the 4:45 show. $11.00 2D standard screen. Okay I know prices have gone up. Went to the snack stand to get the obligatory popcorn. The bag was 6 inches by nine inches by 2.5 inches. Wanna guess how much it was?

$7.00. SEVEN DOLLARS! Are they F**KED? I told the concessionaire to forget it. WOW! I like Jack Ryan but I'd like it just as much on DVD. It's getting to be that movies aren't worth it unless they are a visual spectacle and add to the experience by being seen on the large screen.