From what I've read, and I've read a number of reviews now, I must say it is looking like my expectations for Cyberpunk were too high. My assessment of what I've read is that Cyberpunk is a good game, maybe even great, with some very amazing parts to it, but it's brought down because it doesn't really advance the standard. I was hoping we would see a transcendent game here, something that brought a new paradigm, that altered the way we think of, or approach, video gaming.

I'm disappointed by the reported state of the game, but not too put out because I know the technical missteps will be corrected, and honestly with the scale here, I expected it. Maybe not so much of it after so many delays. But it's normal I think. It's more the vibe I get where the game is not evolutionary in the way I expected. I do expect to have fun with it and I think I will like it. But I wanted something that didn't just move the needle but blew it up. I don't think Cyberpunk is that game.

But we live in a different time now. It used to be that a game was released, and there'd be a few patches, but what you were playing a year on was still the same thing you had at release. But now, games transform. Over time the technical issues are dealt with of course, but through patches and DLC the experience is enhanced, expanded and becomes something greater. Maybe we will see this from Cyberpunk too.

So I am left with a dilemma. I have the game loaded. And I want to play it. I want to experience it for myself. Countless times in my gaming history I read negatives and criticism, then played it myself and loved it. I often joke I have much better luck with games than the others playing the same thing. Sure seems that way if I compare general satisfaction levels haha. But I also want it to make a mark, to impress me, to draw me in. The chances of this increase the longer I wait to kick it off.

What to do? It's common in RPGs especially, that I reroll a start after a few hours. Get in, experiment, get a feel for the lay of the land so to speak, and then start anew with all I've learned. This time, maybe that reroll comes four months down the line instead.

If I do start it tomorrow I will be sure to share what I think with you guys after I have some time in.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!