That's a disturbing Daffy....

Ten days!

Haven't looked forward to a game this much since RDR2 which was only two years ago, but that seems longer doesn't it?

I have no idea if Cyberpunk will live up to my expectations really. But at this point it just has to. To this day I rate Witcher 3 as the best PC game of all time. If I consider every facet of game design, then for me W3 comes out on top. It's the most expertly crafted game I've played.

Same studio. Now, as to whether the people are the same, I have no idea. But I think about how amazing W3 is, and this is the same dev, with more time, a bigger budget and a half-decade of innovation and technology to move things forward. The trailers are magnificent. Gameplay looks awesome. I have very high, perhaps disillusioned, expectations for Cyberpunk.

Then there are these delays. Why? Is it buggy? Substandard? Serious, unresolved issues? Or are they just cramming in more awesome?

Bah, I'd be better off not caring about it. It would be better to forget all about it, buy it a year from now in the Game of the Year Edition with all the crap patched out of it. But I will buy it on release. Actually I might get it early to avoid release-day slowdowns. It preloads on your system with a pre-purchase, yes?

Ten days and we will see if it lives up to my lofty expectations, falls discouragingly short, or exceeds them in every way. My money's on Projekt Red to come through in a big way, but there's this creeping doubt over the delays. Natural, I think. Not long now and we will know.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!